SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#195398 - 01/05/05 12:42 PM Re: "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" Rediscovered
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Hey Dave you know me, never one to pick an argument, but IMHO it sounds like he's gong ho to make the committment and she isn't 100% sure at the time he's telling her this.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 01-05-2005).]

#195399 - 01/05/05 02:25 PM Re: "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" Rediscovered
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Boo... thanks for the clarification. I've used this chord, but never had it identified by name, only by something that sounded good to me, which is how I find most 'off-center' chords and modulations that I play. Never-the-less, knowing the theory from a more technical aspect allows us to utilize chord structures more appropriatly, and that's a good thing.

BTW, I'm glad this thred took the turn it did... I think many of us could benefit from music theory discussion.

Glenn

#195400 - 01/05/05 03:09 PM Re: "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" Rediscovered
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Thanks boo for taking the time to explain this.
On your recomendation ( I think from an earlier post) I bought the book inside outside by Bunky Green. I found it online at a place called The Bass Place I think. I haven't had time to get into the book yet.
Like I said thanks for the non
judgemental explaination.
It is a welcome relief after all the bickering of the last few days, in certain other posts.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#195401 - 01/05/05 05:51 PM Re: "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" Rediscovered
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm glad to help. I'm self taught and this stuff almost drove me crazy trying to keep up with some of the guys in New Orleans years ago. I didn't have $3 an hour to pay a teacher in those days let alone $20 an hour.

I'm a slow learner but after I get it, it sticks in my head if it's something I enjoy and especially if I can make a couple of bucks with the knowledge.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online